Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Online Dating Sites 1

this past week, beginning Aug 8th at sometime after 12, and before sunrise, I got involved in Online Dating Sites;

I've been 'ABSOLUTELY HONEST' and have not hidden behind a pretty picture or well turned profile; yet I was getting quite a few hits; on these sites there are Sharks (men looking for quick fixes) Baraccudas (women looking for quick fixes) and I was getting a few; women who were agressive and wanted to begin dating the day before... it was hard to ignore them, because I have a soft hea(d)rt, and these women were hurting...
then theres the ones who were viewing my profile and not sending anything, but coming back several times; lurking; there were a lot more of these; some very nice ladies;
but then I went on a forum and met a lady in NB, who I began a pen-pal relationship with, no possibility of a relationship, but really nice (Lynn, if your reading this, I hope you believe that)
found one or two other's in searching; that I posted as favourites; one in particular was different; in that she didn't post a normal profile, but a comparison thingy ;)
likes sunrises over sunsets; home cooking over take out; country over city; fresh over frozen; live over online
stuff like that... sent a reply, but got no answer, so now that I am off the site, will not know what her reply would have been...

and yes I have gone off the sites; went for a walk yesterday, hotest day of the year so far (dumb) and did some serious thinking, about my situation, and how it affected my ability to move forward with dating and relationships; and how I was having trouble dealing with the 'needs' of the women who were on line...
I have never dated, even in high school; don't take compliments well and I am shy, so this may not be the place to find a person to form a relationship on, unless I can do something to limit the 'noise' factor...

Yesterday I posted these two poems on the pay site and the responses shot up, even though it was impossible for me to reply as I have not registered for that; there is just my profile, and I can see who have viewed me, but beyond that, only see the number of messages and flirts... in the week I was on that site, I had over 120 views and over 26 messages; so I know how to get the hits, just filtering...

Love in your eyes

Laying on the bed,
I see you walk out of the shower
Drying yourself off

You wander over to the bed
And stretch out, resting your head on my chest
I reach down and stroke your hair

You arch up and nip my chin
Nuzzling against my cheek
As my hand moves down your back

Looking up to me,
With half lidded eyes,
Full of love and adoration,

I look back and think again
With a longing sigh,
Why do you have to be my cat!!

Summer Sunset

The air is hot around me
Sitting on the bench watching
The water ripple on the lake

I hear laughter, and you are there
You snuggle down beside me
Leaning your head on my chest,

My arm reaches out and cups your shoulder
Bring you closer, as my head dips onto yours
The loons on the lake echoing around us

Peace and tranquility fill me as I nuzzle your hair,
With a kiss and sigh of contentment
Your small hand rests on my thigh

Turning to me, our gazes meet,
In a long drawn out sigh, as lips meet
And arms encircle arms

The sun has set, when we part,
And the chill night air invades the space
I wake to empty arms,

a dream of what will be

Lord knows what the response would have been if I had sent 'The Shower 1'; it being more emotional charged (nuclear bomb vs a fire cracker); one lady, posted a picture of herself in a towel, entering the bathroom, with the caption, Shower anyone!! perhaps I should post "the Shower 1" with a picture and similar caption to her, I kept her name and post because it was so unusual... pictures of her feet, captioned 'I'll show you mine, you show me yours'; I am guessing that she will have a relationship going before I get back online with a cheeky profile like that ;0 I'm quiet, but with the right sounding board, watch out *S*

No comments: