Tuesday, March 9, 2010

today is the future, tomorrow never comes

with that I start a new chapter in my life, I have opened up a store on Cafe Press: called High Hopes Cafe; was going to name it Cafe' Deviante' but thought that might be better for later ;0
there is nothing in it right now, just a few lines of code and description;
there is a deep learning curve, of setting up items, graphis, and other things; the pages are HTML so there is the aspect of web design involved, though I think they have tried to minimize that; but on the whole it is going to be a while before I am past the novice stage, and into producing quantity items for sale;
the other aspect is that Spring and Summer are coming, and it is getting warm and sunny; who wants to spend their summer in the basement, away from the sun; done enough of that this past winter; so I have been looking around at getting a laptop that I bought off of my son repaired; monedtarily that is going to be about as expensive as buying a new one, perhaps more; so I have tried an alternative; I have an old Mac PowerBook c. 1999, running OS X Panther; and I have been having the job and joy of finding out that the OS and the programs that it supports are out of date for accessing Cafe Press; it is a miracle that it is allowing me to type this into the post editor; but it is, and for that I am grateful; it even allows me to check my mail, so won't complain; as for manipulating graphics; well, I am not going to push it too far ;-0
just found that I can log into Facebook, but again no joy with Cafe Press yet!!! well, not perfect, but perhaps there is hope for some limited use; get me out of the dungeon LOL will report later with the address of the store and how I am doing getting products for sale ;) oh, btw, I have purchased 12 months time for the store; cost 80 dollars Canadian;
hmmmm just noticed I don't have the ability to upload photos here or any of the other extras; like I said, LIMITED!!!

No comments: