Saturday, October 17, 2009

Nesting instincts and male / female relationships


I have become aware of a disturbing trend in my thinking lately, and I am not sure if it is good or bad. A few weeks ago, I met a woman on Plenty of Fish, quite by chance; neither of us had any inclination at that time to start a e-mail relationship; she clicked on my photo by accident, and I noticed, and sent her this note:


Hi, is there any reason to believe that you might be waiting for me to contact you first; or am I way out of line and you wish they would put a delete button on visits to other profiles, so you could remove your tracks ;-) Cheers and thanks for visiting;


her reply was:


Hello, I do believe there is a way of having settings cover one's tracks! But, I haven't bothered to figure it out. And why? Saying hello, even if by accident, rather than by design, isn't a bad thing.Some people seem to forget, there are real human beings behind these profiles. ... well ... behind MOST of these profiles. Lol....To honestly answer your question, no, I wasn't waiting to hear from you - as I don't have a problem with initiating the first email. But, it's nice to hear from you - you full of mischief kid, you! (I had posted a picture of myself from first days in Canada) Where did you come from? I came over here from England, but at a later age. All the best to you


Well to say the least we spent the next 11 or so hours chatting back and forth through the night; it was an astounding discovery that we could chat to each other and not want to end it; well, I SURE DIDN'T ;0 and we had 3 more nights over the last couple of weeks similarily getting to know each other; and like the song says, There ain't no sunshine when she's gone!! All from a chance encounter;

But that is not the behaviour that I am concerned about; it is this need to clean up the Hermitage, and RENOVATE!!! details aren't necessary, but I have spent over 100 dollars and expect to spend more in the next week fixing this place up; FOR A WOMAN WHO HAS NOT COMMITTED TO EVEN MEETING ME!!

THAT is the behaviour I am concerned about; I realized it the day after our first night of chat; I began washing down the stairs of cat fur, the kitchen floor and THEN cleaned out the Fridge and started dusting; ALL THE SAME DAY!!! THIS IS NOT NORMAL BACHELOR BEHAVIOUR!!!

What is happening here; I called it, that first day, THE MALE NESTING INSTINCT!!! I now have a list of projects done, and to do that would choke a man half my age, but I am looking forward to tackling them and am gratified at the changes around THE OLD CABIN!! my ultimate concern, is, while all these changes are good, and ones that I SHOULD have made years ago, will a woman start making changes to ME; ie my clothes, my hair, MY BEARD!!! What will she expect!!
Stay tuned for the next terrifying installment, of Schneewolfe & the Sheewolfe!!!

No comments: