Friday, October 2, 2009

what a difference a day/night makes

more online dating; met a woman online, sweet looking, she dropped by my profile to take a peek; and I dropped her a note asking if she were going to send me a note or not; well, 2 days later we end up spending the night online trading e-mails; and by morning, I am a landed fish, hook firmly set, and ready to reel in, LOL; but by evening, with no further e-mails, puzzled by a short appearance , with no response to an e-mail sent earlier, and that is the last she has been online to date: September 29th, at 1:09am in the night; and I am wriggling free of the hook;

I have noticed that women in my experience, who live close by, say within 20-30 miles are less likely to feel comfortable committing to an online relationship that MIGHT lead to a meeting, than say women who live 75 to 100+ miles away; strange as it seems, distance seems to make a person feel safer; and from my conversations with women, this holds true for men as well; now, my Chemistry Exam sees me as being rather insecure about my social skills, and so I am less likely to feel comfortable in social situations; Insecure and Intimidated by the women with lots of social skills and confidence; but that is where the woman in the above situation seems to be different, while within that 20mile radius, she is being less confident than her Chemistry Exam states she should be, and I am more confident;

this is an equation that does not add up; either the Chemistry Exams are wrong, which I highly doubt, as I know I am no sauve, man about town in an Armani suit, who prefers Harbour Castle to Montannas; just a plain ordinary guy, who detests suits and is comfortable in jeans and leather coat, who you will find at Montannas, Applebees or Jack Astors at best, or over at the MacDonald's playground with my grandson and daughter; or there is something at play here that does not come across in the real world;

my own sense is that there have been so many articles on bad relationships and bad things happening to people who go on line to meet, compared to articles that tout the benefits and successes from going online, that people, whether men or women, run scared at the least sense of things moving beyond their control or safe speed; the old 'Duck, and Cover' reaction to an unknown, but percieved threat, whether real or imagined;

so here I am, just waiting, on the cusp of closing down the profile, realizing that 1) the odds of finding a local woman to meet for friendship, under my present fiscal and physical conditions, is slim to nil, and 2) I have met 3 wonderfully interesting women within 125 miles that are good online friends; and I might meet under better circumstances "when spring breaks through", ala Dr Zhivago ;) and 3) that the woman that ducked, may yet come back online with an explanations, and she may make it 4, but I am doubting now will be anything more than a friend;

such is the online dating world, after just 2 short months;

No comments: